Friday, November 3, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017

Hello everyone. I haven't had any submissions to my blog lately so I thought I'd do a quick post about NaNoWriMo.

For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and it happens every November. It's simply a way for writers to get together online and offline and write together. We challenge ourselves to write 50,000 words during the month of November. I think I've only made my goal a couple of times but, for me, that's not the entire reason I participate. It's fun to get with other writers and do word sprints or just chat. It's fun to find the local write-ins (where we get together physically to write or chat.)

I enjoy being a part of NaNoWriMo, even when I don't get my word count. It gives me something to belong to. I'm a part of it and have been for the past seven years.

If any of you would like to participate you can go to the website and join. Look me up. My name on NaNoWriMo is JCPhelps.  Hope to see you there!


 You can find the NaNoWriMo site here:  www.nanowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.