Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter 2017

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it. My family is among those who do celebrate Easter. Some of you already know I do a little crochet from time to time. I've posted a few of my projects here before, but I've never made tiny Easter baskets before. These were super fun and easy to make. Plus, they are a great way to show off our awesome eggs.







And, just to give credit to those who helped me create these pictures I have to thank my nine-year-old for setting the scene and my birds for laying such gorgeous eggs. 


Also, what fun is Easter without babies? For me, Easter symbolizes not only the sacrifice made for me, but Spring, new beginnings, and new life. So I'm including pictures of our newest babies. Two little Plymouth Rock pullets and two Embden geese. The chickens should be girls, but we don't know if the geese are girls, boys, or one of each.  When taking these pictures I did learn we have a natural photo bomber! That chicken is a little creepier than I thought a baby chick could be.

In the interest of full disclosure, the pictures taken of the baby birds were taken March 31st so they are most definitely bigger now. This post was scheduled before its release date and the birds may already be living outside with the rest of the flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.