Friday, February 27, 2015

A Nice Day and Exercise

Since I've been sitting on my butt for ages, trying to pound out as many books as I can (and surfing Facebook), I've put on some weight. I am in desperate need of some exercise. Of course I could do sit-ups on my living room floor, jumping jacks, and several other real exercises but I've chosen to try and walk it off.

Walking is okay exercise and I get a moment to just be. Try and picture walking down a trail that's supposed to be a road but sees so little use it has a line of grass in the middle, the Black Hills hovering in the background. Deep breaths of clean air are frequently followed by sighs of contentment. The beauty surrounding this strolling soul is almost too much to comprehend and the serenity of it all almost puts them into a happiness trance.

Okay, so that's not how my walks go down. I take the kids with me and the cats like to tag along. I find I'm taking a lot of pictures, doing a lot of "Get out of the mud!"
"Keep up,"
"Get out of that. That's icky. Yuck!"
"Now we have to go home and clean you up,"
"Keep up. I'm barely moving. You should be able to keep up."
"Didn't I already tell you a hundred times to STAY. OUT. OF. THE. MUD."

At least that was my experience for my latest trip out into the wilds.  I did get some pretty fun pictures and the girls, though muddy, really enjoyed the walk. Ah heck, who am I kidding. I love it, too. Even if I have to get after them every few seconds I love sharing these moments with them. In a strange way, the previously described moment of serenity and complete contentment, is what I experience.

I did mention I take pictures during our walks and I'm going to share some of those with you.  At the very end of this blog post I will highlight why walking, as a form of regular exercise, is a bad idea for me.  All of these pictures were taken Tuesday, February 24th, 2015 with the exception of the very last picture. It was taken the very next day, Wednesday, February 25th, 2015.

















 And here is why walking is not a good REGULAR exercise choice for me.  I really don't like being out in the cold.



























1 comment:

  1. Nice shots. Hard to get outside to exercise when it's cold. (Or when its 95...temp and humidity)

    Hope you and the family are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.