Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Whatever Wednesday - What's up?


I use Grammarly's free plagiarism checker because I don't look good in prison colors.


It's Whatever Wednesday time.  So what should I write about?

How about an update on what's been going on in my world?

I have been asked to do a short presentation on self-publishing for a local writer's group.  As soon as I'm done with this post I hope to put that together.

My computer gave me a message recently that the hard drive is damaged and unrepairable, so I have ordered a new computer.  I'm hoping the computer I'm using right now will last until I get the new one or at least until I get the new backup device.  I think I'm most excited about the backup device.  I'm strange and don't enjoy getting new computers.

The friendliness and helpfulness of people amazes me every day.  A reader contacted me on my Facebook page and asked about book signings or a book tour.  I haven't done a book signing for quite some time, but I haven't had a new book to sign for a while.  Now I do, so maybe I'll have to try to set up some book related get togethers.  The problem with that is I have to come up with the time and money to do it.  Because of this, I tend to stay close to home and this particular reader is about 1500 miles from me.  However, we are considering a trip to her neck of the woods some time this spring or summer.  

She has kindly offered to try to find me a place to set up.  If that happens, I'll be posting about it here and on my Facebook pages.  If she's unable to find a place willing to host me and we still make our trip, we'll have to work something else out so I'll get a chance to meet her in person.

If anyone else has interest in a book signing in your area I'd love to hear about it.  I've only done signings in my local area but wouldn't mind expanding and meeting more of you.  I can't promise any dates or locations, but if there is enough interest I'd love the excuse to get out there.

Now I'm off to get that presentation put together so I can get back to Alex and her crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.