Sunday, July 28, 2013

Book Four Update #3



Book Four Update  #3






This is update number three.  Summer time is always the busiest time for me and my family.  So, it's a bit of a challenge to find time to write.  If I'm not working at my dad's bar, we are trying to find time to go visit my cousins who live 350 miles away, or I'm trying to keep the kiddo's occupied and having fun.

Now that I've got my excuses down for all to read, I will apologize for not updating since the end of June.  I continued to make progress after my last post, but then I cut several scenes and ended up moving backward from my last report.  So, I've been putting off any updates until I actually had some progress to report.

Now that I've explained one of my downfalls - writing entire sets of scenes and not realizing they don't fit until I have it written, I will give you all the good news.  I've gotten up over 50,000 words.  I'm currently sitting at 58497 words.  I had a heck of a day yesterday.  I wrote until five this morning and ended up with over 12,000 words for the day.  It's exciting and I can just barely see a speck of light at the end of the tunnel.

I've added three more chapters, so I've updated the first sentence list below.

Here are the first sentences of each chapter so far.  All of this is subject to change before publication.

#1 - I was feeling claustrophobic, trapped and restless.

#2 - I was still packing when I heard a knock at my door.


#3 - I lay on my side staring at the cabin's wall. 


#4 - White was already gone from the room when I got back.


#5 - The four of us rode the elevator down to my apartment.


#6 - The next three days were almost unbearable.


#7 - The remainder of the day was easier to pass and I started getting ready a little early.


#8 - I was up before the sun and started coffee brewing before Black made his appearance.


#9 - I hadn't been back to my apartment for even fifteen minutes before a knock came on my door.


#10 - We hiked steadily until darkness fell.


#11 - My alarm went off at midnight.


#12 - We made it back to the compound late that afternoon.


#13 - The flight was uneventful but the humidity hit me hard in the face when I stepped out of the airport to pick up my car. 

#14 - “Brown informed me this is our last morning in the simulator.”   
#15 - When I woke up the next morning I was afraid to open my eyes. 
 




For comparison:
Color Me Grey word count: 79443
Color Me Grey chapter count: 17

Shades of Grey word count: 76304
Shades of Grey chapter count: 19

Reflections of Grey word count: 66514
Reflections of Grey chapter count: 15

Current word count: 46532 (updated Monday, June 24th)
58497 (updated Saturday, July 28th)
Current chapter count: 15

8 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeee my sister and I are so excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ounds like you've been inspired by something to have you up until 5 in the morning. Those first sentences just have me wanting more. Good luck hope the rest of Alexs adventures come quickly to you. I'm dying to find out what she gets into next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline. The story is coming together and it's fun to make steady progress. It's hard to stop when I'm not hemming and hawing on what kind of rifle to set her up with next or what a city that I've never visited looks like. :-D

      Delete
  3. I have to admit, I am hooked. Passed your books on to all the family members, and keep rereading them while waiting for the next one. I just wanted to let you know how glad we are that there IS a next one, hooray

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will book 4 be released any idea?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.