Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Fun!

I know I'm a little late with this one.
But, I'm trying to fill my blog with fun things as I write.
Yes, I plan to be writing when this post pops up for you all to read.

My family took a mini-vacation over Memorial Day Weekend.
We camped for a night and then did a little fishing and played tourist the next day.

I feel very fortunate to live where I do.
I hope these pictures capture the 
beauty around me, how I see it.

One of the views from our campite.

We have Elk in them thar hills!

Moss on the hill right by our campsite.

I love creek pictures.

This downed tree was beautiful, even if it sucks that it had fallen.

The creek (Castle Creek).

Same spot as the last picture, just a different view.

I made my hubby stand in the picture for  perspective.
The rock slide was huge.

The hubby and I went for a walk the next morning.
The kids were all still snoring in the tent.
It was chilly and foggy.

Obviously, the rock slides grabbed my attention.

There were lots of downed trees along the road.

What's around the bend?
I don't have a pic on here, so I'll tell you.
It was a bridge and a little clearing.

Heading back to camp.

The fog and mist was beautiful, if a little cold.

The dreary day actually brought out a lot of the greens.

I can just imagine all kinds of creatures hanging out in the mist.

Another Elk in them thar hills!

Pactola lake.
I think this is one of the most beautiful lakes in the hills.

A garden at Reptile Gardens.
Look at the cute turtles.

A bee on the flowers.
I need to figure out what kind of tree this is.

I think this tree is so neat.

Orchids at Reptile Gardens.

Orchids.

Orchids.

More orchids.

AND MORE orchids!

This is a cool statue.

A BANANA tree in South Dakota.
How cool is that?
VERY cool!

4 comments:

  1. Great photos.

    I want to visit your mountains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you let me know if you ever make it our way. We'll have to get together!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! My family and I have never been there, but we'd love to take a trip out someday. We didn't do much for Memorial Day weekend. I'm a teacher and I procrastinate, so that weekend is usually reserved for report cards...boo. You trip looked lovely! Thanks for stopping by our blog today and sharing some of your indie journey with me. I very much appreciated what you had to say. Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took over 400 pictures in two days. :-) I love digital cameras!

      I apologize I rambled so much on your comment section. I just love this job I've chosen and can talk for days on the subject.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.