Friday, June 28, 2013

Book Four Update #2


Book Four Update  #2




I used Grammarly to grammar check this post and will use it for the next book, because 
I isn't always the bestest with my grammar. (Two mistakes were found in this sentence. Darn it, bestest is one of my favoritest, most loverly words.)


The second update.  I'm still moving forward, so that's good!  My progress has slowed a bit.  I'm trying to introduce a couple new characters.  I'm going to be out of town this coming weekend.  I get to go spend time with some of my favorite people in the entire world.  It'll be fun, but I'm going to try to sneak in some writing.  I'm bringing my iPad!

Here are the first sentences of each chapter so far.  All of this is subject to change before publication.

#1 - I was feeling claustrophobic, trapped and restless.

#2 - I was still packing when I heard a knock at my door.


#3 - I lay on my side staring at the cabin's wall. 


#4 - White was already gone from the room when I got back.


#5 - The four of us rode the elevator down to my apartment.


#6 - The next three days were almost unbearable.


#7 - The remainder of the day was easier to pass and I started getting ready a little early.


#8 - I was up before the sun and started coffee brewing before Black made his appearance.


#9 - I hadn't been back to my apartment for even fifteen minutes before a knock came on my door.


#10 - We hiked steadily until darkness fell.


#11 - My alarm went off at midnight.


#12 - We made it back to the compound late that afternoon.


#13 - The flight was uneventful but the humidity hit me hard in the face when I stepped out of the airport to pick up my car. 

#14 - “Brown informed me this is our last morning in the simulator.”   
#15 - When I woke up the next morning I was afraid to open my eyes. 
 




For comparison:
Color Me Grey word count: 79443
Color Me Grey chapter count: 17

Shades of Grey word count: 76304
Shades of Grey chapter count: 19

Reflections of Grey word count: 66514
Reflections of Grey chapter count: 15

Current word count: 46532 (updated Monday, June 24th)
58497 (updated Saturday, July 28th)
Current chapter count: 15

7 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about rereading these books yesterday. Looking forward to reading the 4th book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait - Got my husband hooked on these now too. Really need book 4, have re-read all three, three times now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful comments!

    We just got home from our road trip and I was finally able to update this post with the first sentence from each chapter. (Oooops - I forgot to add to the post before I left.) They are all there, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sooo excited!!!! cant wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so waiting, and not so patiently!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so waiting... and not so patiently.. I've run out of things to re read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited...and waiting...and not so patiently. i've run out of things to reread!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.