Friday, November 2, 2012

Whatever Friday - Encounters of the Non-Virtual Kind


I forgot to schedule the post for today so it is a bit late.  I am highlighting two important days.

The first thing I'd like to do is wish one of my favorite people a happy birthday. 

Today is November 2nd.  November 2nd has always been a special day for me because it is my cousin, Cindy's, birthday. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Cindy!  I love you!


Now onto another important day...

On Friday, October 26th, I had an absolutely wonderful experience.  I was privileged to meet T.M. Roy. She happened to be making a cross country trip that brought her near my place and she was nice enough to set aside a day for me.

If you don't know who she is, I will fill you in.  T.M. Roy, I call her Terry, is the author of several books, an amazing artist, a very sought after cover artist and a wonderful person. 

I met Terry online because of our links to the self-publishing world and have become good friends with her.  When she said she was going from point A to point B, I knew her route would put her within touching distance and I begged her to stop by.  Lucky for me, she must have been interested enough in something around here and agreed to stop in.

JC Phelps and TM Roy

We went for a drive in the hills closest to my house.  We got to see turkey, hear squirrels and be bounced around quite thoroughly before it was time for her to get back on the road.



I had a wonderful time and hope Terry enjoyed herself as well.  I'd hoped to make something to eat for us, but time got away from me and I had nothing for her.  But we did exchange some canned goods and apples. 

I don't know how many of you have ever met someone you know from only online interaction but I have to say, it is a wonderful experience.  Though, I am positive it had everything to do with the fact that I got to meet T.M. Roy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.