Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whatever Wednesday - Sunsets after Summer

I love my Whatever Wednesday posts because I can post WHATEVER I want.  It doesn't count that I always post whatever I want, so you just be quiet over there.  You know who you are.  Shhhh!

When I was younger, something that was a big deal in our area was the "Sunday drive."  My family didn't participate in that but I worked at a cave in a gorgeous canyon and we regularly saw the Sunday drivers.

The price of gas has become outrageous, but still, a drive in the hills is a lot cheaper than a movie for the family, a dinner out or any other form of entertainment other than staying at home watching television.  I've found that my family is a happier family if we get out of our tiny little house and go do something.  Yes, we are all packed into the vehicle, but the world that leaks in from outside keeps the kids entertained and wondering.

We've spent a lot of time in the hills these past few months and I find we are doing most of it on Sundays.  I love it because it brings back memories and we are able to create new ones.  Plus, it gives me some pretty spectacular views to try and capture with my camera.

This past Sunday we went for a drive and most of the fall colors have already dropped from the trees.  I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't find any exceptionally beautiful scenery to shoot, but I was enjoying myself all the same.

The trees in our front yard are still in full fall colors and will be for a while.  They have millions of leaves that we will soon have to rake, so I will enjoy them while they are still on the trees.  I will be cursing those pretty leaves before too long.



Here are a few pictures of our beautiful trees.  
These pictures were taken before we took off on our Sunday drive.






This last picture was taken from the top of a hill at sunset.



And, because it IS Whatever Wednesday...

I do have some exciting news.  The audio version of the second book in The Alexis Stanton Chronicles, Shades of Grey, is coming along very nicely.

I want to remind everyone that the first book in The Alexis Stanton Chronicles, Color Me Grey, is now available as an audio book at Audible.com, Amazon.com and iTunes.  I created this post on Sunday and at the time of posting, Audible had a special price of $1.99 on the audio book.  
This may very well be the Whispersync price.  (Whispersync is available to customers who have already bought the Kindle version of the book.  So, if you don't have the Kindle version - go get it.  It's FREE.)
$1.99 for an audio book is a spectacular deal!  (Of course, this won't post until Wednesday so double check the price before purchasing it.)

Click here to be redirected to Audible.com to get your audio copy.

Color Me Grey: The Alexis Stanton Chronicles, Book 1 | [J. C. Phelps]


2 comments:

  1. Is the fall foliage God's consolation gift for the coming cold?

    I accept it and laud the considerate thought.

    No time of the year is better. ('Cause with spring...I've got the alergies.)

    Happy Wednesday
    (did I mention...gorgeous pictures?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mac. I think you're right about the consolation gift. :-)

      The wind is blowing today. Steady 40 mph winds with gusts as high at 70 mph. Maybe we won't have any leaves to rake. I refuse to drive to the next state to retrieve them.

      I'm sorry about the allergies. I love spring. But, I love each season. I just wish winter wouldn't last as long as it does.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.