Monday, October 15, 2012

The Hobbit Celebration Post

The Hobbit
by
J.R.R. Tolkien

 

Description

A great modern classic and the prelude to THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely traveling any farther than his pantry or cellar. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an adventure. They have launched a plot to raid the treasure hoard guarded by Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon. Bilbo reluctantly joins their quest, unaware that on his journey to the Lonely Mountain he will encounter both a magic ring and a frightening creature known as Gollum.
The Hobbit is one of my all time favorite books and it is now going to be a movie.  I can't count how many times I've already read the book but I'm seriously considering reading it again before the movie releases on December 14th, I think.
I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan, imagine that.  I was skeptical about the movies before I watched them, but I think they were "practically perfect in every way,".  Just to quote another one of my favorites.  This just adds to my excitement for The Hobbit!
I found the book available on Kindle and at Audible.  My two favorite ways to read books anymore.   If you haven't ever read The Hobbit, I will definitely recommend it and read it before you go to the movie.  That way, if the movie sucks, you'll know the REAL story.


I've attached the movie trailer for you, too!




Click here to buy from Amazon for Kindle



Click here to buy from Audible 
Just a reminder - if you buy the Kindle version the Audible version is cheaper (I think I paid $6.99 for the audio book after purchasing the Kindle version)

The Hobbit | [J. R. R. Tolkien]



4 comments:

  1. DECEMBER 12!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 12th? Even better! The info I found said the 14th, but two days earlier is JUST FINE by me. :-) I can hardly wait for this one.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.