Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Buffins and Easy Fruit Pies

Yes, I titled this post Buffins and Easy Fruit Pies.  Don't worry, if you don't know what buffins are all you need to do is continue to read.

Buffin is a word my friend, LK Rigel, gave me the other day when I said I couldn't decide if what I had just made was a muffin or a biscuit.  Okay, she didn't really give me the word, I stole it.

Muffin, biscuit or buffin, they were pretty tasty.





I found the recipe a while ago and put off making them until I had nothing else in the kitchen.  I won't be putting them off next time I'm in the mood for a buffin, that's for sure.

Ham and Cheese Buffins
2 eggs
3 cups Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup or 4 oz. shredded cheese 
3/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.

Slightly beat eggs, stir in Bisquick, milk and oil until moistened.  Stir in  3/4 cup cheese and ham.  Spoon the batter into the sprayed muffin cups.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the tops of batter.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve warm.



Buffins aren't the only thing I've been up to.  I made some cute little pies that were so easy and not too bad, either.

The recipe I followed, well kind of followed, was supposed to be an Vanilla Almond fruit tart.  I cheated, of course.

I bought most of the ingredients for the crust and was going to do this the proper way, but I found those tiny little premade graham cracker crusts and just had to make individual pies.



Individual Vanilla Almond Fruit Pies

2 packages of Jello-O Vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
12 individual size graham cracker crusts  (The come in packs of 6)
Mixed fruit

Beat pudding mix and milk according to package directions - approximately 2 minutes with a whisk or  mixer.  Stir in Cool Whip and almond extract.  Spoon into crusts.  Refrigerate for three hours.

I cheated on this one again.  I refrigerated the pudding mix over night and spooned it into the crusts right before serving.

Use fruit of your choice to top the pies.  I wanted strawberries, but I couldn't find any at the local store.  Instead I used kiwi, raspberries and blueberries.



I made this for a writers group meeting that I hosted and the ladies said they enjoyed them.  And the best part - they were VERY easy.

And now - I'm in the mood for donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.