Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thirteen Years!

Happy Anniversary!

 


I want to take this opportunity to wish my husband a happy thirteenth anniversary.  It's amazing to me that we've made it so long in this day and age where divorce is the norm.  I don't plan to let go of him any time soon, either.  

Of course, he does annoy me at times.  I'm sure I annoy him even more, 
but that's his problem.  
In the grand scheme, he is perfect for me.  
He's a wonderful husband, father and a good man.   



Who else has a husband who will protect his family at all costs?  

I once caught my husband staking out the kitchen stove with a piece of string with a lasso tied in it.  When I questioned him he explained he was only trying to catch that STUPID mouse that took up residence.  He planned to lasso it when it poked its little head up.  The mouse did poke its head up but the lasso didn't catch.



Does anyone else have a husband that will be mad at you 
because he wasn't watching where he was walking?
  
Once, while walking out of McDonalds with a large soda, he ran into a truck mirror.  
The soda pop flew everywhere and I laughed until I cried. His anger could have been more of a result of my mirth than me not playing navigator.



Who here has a husband that will run to get the video camera to 
immortalize your predicament in hopes of securing a good payday for the family? 

While trying to retrieve my daughter's ball from the tangle of lilac bushes, I slipped - I was actually given a slight push.  The bushes barely held me up from the ground.  Though they protected me from the hard ground, they snared me at the same time.  My hair was twisted around the gnarled branches, my feet couldn't find purchase and my eye was only millimeters away from being poked out.  Yet, my husband ran for the video camera in hopes of securing $100,000 from AFV to provide for his family.  Of course, he never did send the video off to America's Funniest Home Videos, like he threatened.



What about a husband that regularly honks at you or 
locks you out of the vehicle to get your day started right?

I'm so lucky that my husband loves to honk the horn just as I reach the front of the vehicle.  It always gets my blood pumping and on good days, he'll even lock the doors and make me dance before he'll let me in.  This is one of those practices that will get him in the end.


These are only a few of the things that my husband does so well.  He also gets rid of the spiders that I just can't bear to deal with, he still opens doors for me, he tells me that he loves me and he means it, he massages the knots out of my back and takes care of me when I'm sick.



Thank you for thirteen interesting years!
I love you more every day!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, happy anniversary! We just had our 15th and you're right - once you make it this far, you might as well stay in for the duration. :)
    erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Erica! (I'm assuming this is Erica, if not... Yay! Christy)

      I've been thinking of you lately. I'm so glad you commented here.

      I have no reason to leave him, I kinda like him, and it's a lot easier to stay married than get divorced. So, yep, I'm gonna stay.

      Congrats on your 15th!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.