Saturday, August 25, 2012

Anniversary Special

 I mentioned that yesterday was my 13th wedding anniversary.  I would have been more than happy to sit at my computer all day, but since it wasn't JUST my day, we got out and about and did a few things.

First of all - I got to go to the book signing for Lori Armstrong and Sandra Brannan that the Rapid City Library hosted.  They did an authors talk as well and I'd hoped to make it to that, but I was REALLY late.  Oh well, at least I got my copy of Widow's Might signed by Sandra Brannan!  Admittedly, I still have to read the second one in the series, Lot's Return to Sodom, but I will hopefully get it read real soon. 

(Something I just notice as I was putting up this photo of Sandra's book - it is only 99¢ for Kindle!!!!!  I have the paperback but NOW I'm going for the Kindle version.  I am writing this post on the 25th so I don't know if the price will remain the same, but try it out.  It just might still be 99¢ - the cover photo is a clickable link.)




 


This is the first one in Lori Armstrong's latest series.  Her newest one is still preorder at Amazon.  It will be released in January of 2013.


Then, we went for a drive up Nemo Road.  I haven't been on that particular road for a couple of years.  We took the kids to the natural maze that is up there.  It's an awesome area.

I don't normally post pictures of my kids because... well, they are MINE and I don't like to share.  But some of these pictures were just too precious to ignore.

My four-year-old ham

My two-year-old ham


All three of my girls


My oldest and her middle sister

My oldest girl

An awesome crooked tree!
The path to the maze






















Then, we ended up at Wonderland Cave.  I am a cave fanatic and it has been years since I've been in one.  My kids have never been in one - at least not when they were old enough to remember much and still, my oldest is probably the only one old enough to remember this trip.
The entrance to Wonderland Cave

Stalagmite - stalagmites MIGHT reach the ceiling some day.

Ribbons and columns!

Crystal!

More ribbons or cave bacon

Stalagmites and stacatites and columns, oh my!

So pretty!

Check this out!

Petrified coral!

We had a wonderful day full of all kinds of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great pics, JC! The thought of being in a cave creeps me out, but now you make me want to see one.

    You're girls are so darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, LK! I love caves! Caves are actually quite safe, compared to mines. You should be fairly close to some LARGE caves. The caves around here are gorgeous, but all are quite small. We have to stoop and duck to walk through them, but the caves near you should have much larger rooms.

      Delete
  2. Gah! haven't had my coffee.

    YOUR girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.