Monday, July 9, 2012

4th Of July At My House - 2012


The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays for various reasons.  For those of you who have followed my blog for more than a year will know the story, but for new people I have copy and pasted my explanation from last year's post.  I will add that our show was the only show available in the hills on the 4th, so the crowd was awesome!

I will first post pictures and then I will add the finale video at the end of the post.  This finale video has been posted on Facebook, so you may have already seen it.

I live on my families property (80 acres) and the community fireworks display is held on our place.

This is one of the best things we could ever hope for.  Tons of people from the community and outlying communities come to see the show and stop by for short visits.  I love it!

I'm proud to be from the United States of America.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the best place on the planet.  Not only do we have a variety of terrain and territory, we have a variety of people.  These are some of the reasons I'm happy to be a part of it all.  But what makes me the most proud of our wonderful country are the men and women that serve to protect the rest of us that stay home to raise our families.

The following pictures are of the show held at our place and I want to thank the community for their donations, support and involvement.  Thank you goes to the Volunteer Fire Fighters that really make the show what it is.  But I also want to thank those that have given their lives to the service of protecting our freedoms.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Independence Day Celebration!

~JC~ 


















 


 



 


5 comments:

  1. Thanks! We had a lot of fun and the people who put on the show did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! Just wondering, when's the fourth book of the Alexis Stanton chronicles coming out? I'm a new fan and I love the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure when I'm going to finish it. Kids and family have really been my focus lately. I'd love to spend all day writing, but the two year old and four year old will have none of that. Actually, I think they'd enjoy it, but someone has to take charge. The four year old once washed my kitchen floor with nothing but dish soap. I didn't know it and I went skating. My days are filled with all kinds of adventures like that - especially when I try to write. :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha the young are always up to some mischief aren't they? But I completely understand. Children grow up so fast, so make sure you cherish it! Spending time with the family is the most important. Just know that you have supporters and fans who love your work. We will patiently wait, however long it takes.. months, years, decades.. whatever. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.