Friday, June 22, 2012

Mini Vacation

I haven't posted anything for a long time.  Seems like I lead out with that line almost every time I post something new.  I should keep up on this blog a little more.

I thought I'd share our mini vacation with everyone.  A couple of weekends ago we went for a drive in the neighborhood.  I really DO live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  We ended up taking the girls to Bear Country.  

Personally, I don't care if I ever go to Bear Country again.  Their prices are pretty danged high and all for a drive through a little "park" with animals roaming around.  Some of the animals are hard or impossible to see in the wild, but some are EVERYWHERE around here.  But, the girls got a huge kick out of it.



 I have to admit, they have some pretty cool sculptures or whatever you'd call this.  This bear is HUGE!



This bear must have had a really bad itch.




This was one of the biggest bears on the place.  It wasn't a real hot day, but it was hot enough that most of the bears were lounging around.





After Bear Country we went for a drive down through the Needles Highway and Custer State Park. 




 Buffalo!  
I made the hubby drive down the middle of the road.  I really didn't feel like reaching out and touching this guy.  He's not really all that big, but I'm sure he can still put a hole in the side of the car.






 I absolutely love the little creeks that run through and around everything.




So, there you have a small sampling of our mini vacation.  But, hold on... We have more.  Haha.
It really is amazing the stuff you see around here.
This camper was in the Wal-Mart parking lot the next day.



2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make my Sunday Safaris look tame in comparison.

    Argh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely not! Your Sunday Safaris are awesome. Plus, you get out a lot more than I do.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.