Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank You

People can be quick to judge and complain (I'm no exception) and it's nice to read/hear something nice for a change. So, today I'd like to thank some people.  I'd say just because, but there are reasons they are being thanked.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of my critique/editing partners.  There are those that have been there from the beginning and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have continued my series.  More importantly, you've helped to make my books presentable.  Thank you.  And, there is one particular editing/critique partner I'd like to thank.  I'm completely impressed with your suggestions and fixes and am very thankful to have found you to add to my list.  Thank you.

Next, I'd like to thank my readers.  You are the reason I continue to write.  If it weren't for you, there would be almost no point for me to write.  Thank you for reading my books. 

Also, I'd like to thank all of you that take the time to write reviews for my books.  Good or bad, they make a huge impact on me and my writing and my exposure. This includes those of you who talk about my books to friends and family.  Until I joined the self published world, word of mouth was how I found all the books I read.  Thank you.

Lastly, I want to thank my family for being so supportive of my passion.  They allow me to live a separate life from the one I enjoy with them and they never complain about my imaginary friends.  Thank you.

If you are so inclined, take a little time to thank people around you for the things they do for you.  It's good for the soul - yours and theirs.  As I've come to tell my three-year-old, "Put your smile on.  It makes life that much nicer."

1 comment:

  1. Kudos!

    I know I don't say thank you enough.

    I know my wife needs a bigger thank you than she's gotten lately.

    And thank you for writing such entertaining tales.

    --Mac

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.