Monday, August 22, 2011

What's up with that?

I know... I've been neglecting my blog lately.  I have tons of excuses but I won't bore you with them.  They are only excuses and I'm sure they are exactly the same as all the rest.

It's past time for me to post some sort of personal update.

The garden didn't get weeded nearly enough so the pictures didn't get taken as I'd hoped.  However, I've got some good sunflower pictures and my grapes... Ah, my grapes.  I'm so proud.  They have produced very well this year and they are actually edible right off the vine.  They are a bit tart, but still sweet enough I won't HAVE to juice them if I don't want to.



So pretty and yellow.  This picture was taken during the "magic hour" when the sun is just about to set and the lighting is really neat. 

It was also taken a while ago so the petals have already all dropped off and the seeds are forming.  It'll be time to pick them real soon.





These are my grapes.  I will probably pick them this evening.  The grapes are a lot more purple now.










Now for the wild life on the place!

The girls found this one morning and it has since emerged.  We missed all the excitement, but I think it's a monarch.















I think I posted a picture of another garden spider last year.  This one has a lot more black on her and it just makes her look that much more evil. 

Eeewwww... spiders. 

However, we leave these little gems alone.  They make the most beautiful webs and keep the bug numbers down.  Besides, she's outside.







So, there you have it.  My yard over the past couple of months.  How exciting. 

On a different note... I received a comment on my Suggest My Next Title page from KITCHENLIZZARD.  I went to her blog to check it out and she has the neatest recipe up for cucumber-mint-lemon cheesecake.  I think I'm going to give it a try and if you want to check it out you can find it here:  KITCHENLIZZARD Cucumber-Mint-Lemon Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.