Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whatever Wednesday

I've gotten to where I really like my Whatever Wednesday posts.  I like listing books, don't get me wrong, but I really like showing off my garden and sharing recipes too.

Today I'm going to do both - show off my garden AND give you a recipe.

I'll start with the recipe.  It's a dessert - imagine that.  Me?  A dessert recipe?  Yes, I love desserts!

The pictures aren't the best, but I tried.





This is like a French Silk Pie (I think).

I completely cheated on this one... shhh.

I used two boxs of Jello chocolate mousse, a pre-made pie shell (I DID have to bake it) and whipped cream.  Tah-dah... done!

In retrospect, I should have used some chocolate shavings on top for dramatic effect, but it was delicious without it!

Of course, if you're feeling the baking bug you can make your own crust and your own mousse and your own whipped cream.  But, if you aren't going to be lazy, like me, you won't have any complaints about looking up those recipes all by yourself.  Haha!

Now, onto gardening.

I'm just going to put up a few pictures of my grapes that are, miraculously, coming back this year!




I know, I know... It's not very big, but is sure is pretty (and green!).

2 comments:

  1. The pics are lovely and the recipe sounds delish! I'm giving this post 5 out of 5 CHEERS! Bottoms up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.