Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's the Haps?

I don't have a book to list today.  So, for those of you who were looking forward to it, I'm sorry.  

I'm just going to wing it.  I WILL list at least one book today, though.

What I really want to do is talk about what's been going on, hence the title "What's the Haps?"

Yesterday I was a proud sponsor of Sandra Edwards book, Incredible Dreams (A Paranormal Romance), for her blog tour.  There is a contest associated with this tour and the prize is a Kindle 3!  You can check out yesterday's post here: http://jcphelps.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-tour-sandra-edwards.html
You can also get all the information from Sandra's website here:  http://www.sandrawrites.com/giveaway.html

This past Sunday my husband and I planted some of the garden.  We planted most of our seeds and will wait to plant the plants until later in the month.  

A couple of years ago we had a hard freeze on May 31st or June 1st and ended up losing 160 tomato plants.  I'm not looking forward to repeating that kind of waste again.

We planted potatoes (my first time growing potatoes), onions, peas, corn, sunflowers, beans and carrots.  I'm getting excited to watch things sprout.  

I plan to keep a photo diary through the summer.  Since I've now made it public, maybe I'll stick to it.  That being said...


It's 9:40 PM the day before the post is scheduled to go live.  I hope to update first thing in the morning.  But, just in case I don't get around to it, I didn't take any pictures today.  For a little perspective, with or without a picture, my garden is about 60' x 20' and my brothers have another garden in the back yard that isn't planted at all yet.  It is about 25' x 45'.  If we don't get any food this year, it's going to be a huge disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.