Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recently Read

But Not Really


The Girl with the Dragon TattooThe Girl Who Played with FireThe Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest  

I saw the Stieg Larsson books quite a while ago and have been wanting to try them out.  However, the reviews have stopped me.  The unfavorable ones generally say that the reader put the first book down to never return and the good ones say that, yes, the book is very slow starting but it gets better - stick with it.

Well, I will admit, I'm in it for immediate gratification.  I don't want to have to work for my entertainment.  You'd think I'd watch more T.V. and movies than I do.

Having said that I will also admit I own The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in paperback.  I just haven't opened it up yet.  However, I was surfing Netflix and ran across the movies for the instant play option.  My interest has been high enough that I pressed the play button, not realizing it was a foreign film complete with subtitles.  This always puts me off but I stuck with it for a while.

Before long, that little while turned into the end of the movie and then the end of the second movie and finally the end of the third movie.  I truly enjoyed the movies and may actually try to read the books now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.