Thursday, January 20, 2011

Book Signing and Recently Read - Catching Fire

I skipped my Whatever Wednesday post this week and am going to combine it with my Recently Read post instead.

So far, this month has been a very busy one for me.  Not only have I had my family to take care of, I've seen a bit of a surge in book sales and recognition.  It's a great feeling and loads of fun for me.

On the 14th and 15th of this month I was fortunate enough to be part of a book signing at my local library.  It was an absolute joy.

I come from a very small town that recently (within the past few years) started a library.  It is new enough that not everyone realizes we have one, yet established enough that some people do utilize their services.  It is populated with several volunteers that made the two days I spent there absolutely wonderful.

I had never been to a book signing and I am utterly grateful, delighted, thrilled and any other words that can express my elation, that my first ever signing was MINE and I believe it was a first for my local library as well.  Something people may or may not know about me is that I'm fiercely patriotic and loyal to my country, my state, and to my hometown (could easily be the other way around - hometown comes first).  That being said, having been one of the first people to sign books at the library in MY hometown is, by far, one of the most extraordinary experiences I could have ever had in my entire life.

I want to express my gratitude to everyone that attended and especially to the library volunteers that made sure everything was perfect.

I HAVE PICTURES!  A special thank you to Anne for sending me these pictures.

JC Phelps - Color Me Grey
Nichole Bennett - Ghost Mountain
Dee Dee Fox - The Ruby Red Slippers


Margie LaDue - Crawl Into The Night



Group photo Friday, January 14th
JC Phelps, Nichole Bennett, Dee Dee Fox


Group photo from Saturday, January 15th
































































Nichole Bennett, Adrian Ludens, Louise Hespen-Engelstad, JC Phelps


Now, onto my Recently Read part of the post.


Catching Fire
by
Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) 
  
I've already raved about The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and now I'm here to do the same about the second book in the series, Catching Fire.
Suzanne Collins has a way of ending a book that makes you feel like it has just begun.  I was caught off guard with the ending of The Hunger Games because I just knew that the book could NOT end where it did and she did it to me again with Catching Fire.
Her writing style didn't throw me at all in the second book even though it was exactly the same as the first.  Instead of stopping, even for a fleeting second, I found myself sucking in all the words and crying and feeling for all the characters and becoming a citizen in her world.  This book took me less than two days to finish and that says a lot because I generally take some time with the book I'm reading.  However, this series has gripped me at my core and I can not put it down.
I will only mention one more thing.  As soon as I finished Catching Fire I immediately went to Amazon and bought the final book in the series, Mockingjay.  I am already some distance into the book and enjoying every word of this one as well.  I had to force myself to put Mockingjay down to actually write this post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.