Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog Tour - Cameo the Assassin

I will make a brief mention of my current blog tour.  We are on day five and I'll be featured on Kindle Obsessed today.  One of my all time favorite blogs and people!  Misty came up with a perfect one line description of Color Me Grey and has generously allowed me to use it.

"If the application asks how long it takes you to assemble an M-16... chances are they aren't looking for a receptionist." ~KindleObsessed~

If you could only follow one blog, this would be the one I'd suggest to you!





Now onto other business.

Today I get to feature Cameo the Assassin by Dawn McCullough-White for her blog tour!

Her blog tour started on the 1st of January
but you can go back to any of these blogs to catch up 
if you missed anything!


January 1 - Video Review at Book Chat
January 2 - Guest Blog and Giveaway at My Life on the Mid-List
January 3 - Book Excerpt on Fiction for Dessert
January 5 - Featured on J.C. Phelps' Blogspot
January 6 - Book Review at Breakout Books Reviews
January 7 - Featured on Hot Gossip Hot Reviews

We are going to do something fun and different today.
Talia Comegy's has kindly interviewed Cameo for us.
Cameo revealed:   An insightful look inside the trappings of an assassin's mind~  Interview by Talia Comegys

Below the interview you can find an excerpt of 
Cameo the Assassin


Talia:
Do you enjoy killing people?  

Cameo:
 It depends on the person.  Sometimes I kill for self-defense, sometimes for pleasure...


 Talia:
 How do you feel after you kill someone? 

Cameo:
 Usually, spent.  I shut off my mind, and try not to think of the people I kill as people with lives, and families, and parents who care.  If you get too caught up in it you'll go soft and risk dying yourself.  And I personally want to live.  Although... admittedly, here have been times I have felt enormous guilt for my part in someone's demise. 


Talia:
Did you want to work for a place that sends people to kill others? 

Cameo:
 That was not my childhood dream, no.  It pays well, and I seem to have a talent for killing people. 


Talia: 
If you could, would you stop obeying your master?

 Cameo: 
Yes.  Though, I do owe him my life... such that it is. 


Talia:
 When you met Black Opal what were you thinking? 

Cameo:
 I thought he was interesting and amusing, and it might be more fun to play along with his game then murder him for wasting my precious time.  After all, I was tired of working for the Association at that point and he was breaking up the monotony of my routine. 


Talia: 
Do you like Black Opal? 

Cameo:
He's fun to be around most of the time. 


Talia:
Will you settle down and have a normal life at some point? 

Cameo:
 You mean- getting married, have a pet dog and live on a farm or something like that?  Doubtful.



Talia: 
Do you think you will be happier later on in your life?  

Cameo:
 No.  I can't overcome my master, and that's the only way my life could improve.  With me as his thrall I can do nothing but his bidding. 
 




Description
The Kingdom of Sieunes is rife with taverns, dirty streets, and clay pipe smoking citizens all toiling to feed their families and keep themselves in something little better than rags. With a foiled revolution just ten years prior still burning in the hearts of many, the royals enlist the aid of assassins to keep things in order.

The townsfolk entertain themselves by dreaming of better times to come and regaling in stories of the undead said to walk the graveyards at night... and of Cameo the killer with corpse-like eyes... Scarred and jaded Cameo is one of the most effective assassins in the employ of the Association, moving from one mission to the next as long as the alcohol keeps flowing.

Her acceptance of the murder-for-hire lifestyle is thrown into doubt when she meets a local highwayman with a penchant for fine clothes and women, and then she begins to think about breaking with the company but no one ever breaks with the Association under good terms.

Excerpt:
     "It seems you had a bit of trouble on the road?"
     For a minute she wasn't certain what Wick was getting at, "We got stopped on the way to Terrence, if that's what you mean."
    "Exactly.  Got held up by highwaymen is what the coachmen told me."
    "Yes."
    "And you had your cameo taken."
    Cameo touched the brooch at her collar to make certain it hadn't fallen off. "Yes, but I got it back."
    "Mmm hmm," she pulled out two pieces of parchment and handed them to the assassins before her.  Cameo's eyes fell upon the sketch of Black Opal once more.
    "Avamore wants him taken out."
    She met Wick's eyes quizzically. Avamore was the duke who actually ruled over Shandow, an isle in the ocean off the north coast of Lockenwood.  But it was unpleasantly cold there, so he spent most of his time living near his brother, the king, Bainbridge Belfour in Lockenwood.  Wick catered to Avamore's requests more than any other noble that Cameo was aware of.  He was a young, handsome man, and she assumed Wick was enamored with him.  He probably hired the hit on Leon Belfour.
    Cameo took a swig from her flask in the middle of the meeting.  "What did he do to Avamore?"
    "That's not important. The important thing is that he needs to be deceased, and soon."
    She looked over at Gail in disgust. "Why is he at this meeting?"
    "Because he's going to help you kill this Black Opal person."
    "I don't need anyone's help, especially his," she hissed.
    "You got your cameo brooch back I noticed, the one that was robbed from you," Wick clicked the pipe between her broken teeth.
    "Yes."
    "And yet that highwayman is still alive.  Why is that Cameo?"
    "Shocking as it may seem, I don't kill every man, woman, and child I meet.  I leave some of them alive for you to bully." 
    Wick croaked out a bit of laughter.  
    "The Lady thinks that you maybe need a little help killing that fop," Gail interjected. 
    "Are you still here?"
    "Heh, heh.  I'm going to enjoy this little journey into the countryside with you, Gwen," using the name Cameo hadn’t called herself by in years.  "It will be just like old times.  Maybe we can have a little picnic lunch—"
    Cameo pulled her pistol on him.




Don't forget to get in on the giveaway at Author AdvenTours!  They are giving away up to $50 in prizes for the month of January for all these blog tours.  You can find the details on the right side of Author AdvenTours page or on my Giveaway and Contests page. 



   

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for an interview.

    Good luck with the blog tour.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute. :) I'm trying to imagine an interview with my assassin character. He's very... terse.

    There was an episode of Stargate SG-1 (I'm showing my geeky side here) where Teal'c was being interviewed and just stared at the guy asking the questions. That's about how my assassin would be. Probably shouldn't let him do interviews for blog posts. :)

    Anyway, I downloaded the sample and will check this out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.