Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recently Read - November 11th, 2010

The Dark Tide
by
Andrew Gross 

The Dark Tide


I picked up The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross shortly after getting my Kindle.  It was a free preview of the full book.

It has been a while since I read this.  So long, in fact, that I didn't remember what it was about until I read the description again.  This means that the book was not very memorable for me.  It's not one of those books that will stay with me forever.  However, I didn't block the book out so it's not a bad memory.  

After reading the description, the book's details came back to me.  It is one of those books that I'm not disappointed I read, nor one that I started and never finished.  I'm glad I got it for free, though wouldn't have felt cheated had I bought it - at a reasonable price.

Pick up your own copy and make up your own mind.

Description:

An explosion rips through New York City's Grand Central Station one morning, destroying the train Karen Friedman's husband, a successful hedge-fund manager, is riding in to work. Days later, with many bodies still unidentifiable, Karen resigns herself to the awful truth: her husband of 18 years is dead.

On that same day, a suspicious hit-and-run accident leaves a young man dead in Karen's hometown of Greenwich, Connecticut. Ty Hauck, a detective, becomes emotionally caught up in the case and finds a clue that shockingly connects the two seemingly unrelated events.

Months later, two men show up at Karen's home digging into Charles's business dealings. Hundreds of millions of dollars are missing - and the trail points squarely to Charles. With doubt suddenly cast on everything she has ever known, Karen, with Hauck, steps into a widening storm of hedge-fund losses, international scams, and murder. And as the investigations converge, these two strangers touched by tragedy are pulled into a deepening relationship and unwittingly open the door to a twisted - and deadly - conspiracy.

With its breakneck pacing, plentiful twists, compelling characters, and abundant heart, The Dark Tide confirms Andrew Gross' place as a master storyteller at the top of his game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.