Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update Plus a NEW REVIEW

I thought I'd take a little time to update everyone on my NaNo adventure.

This has been a great experience and something I'd be willing to repeat at least once a year.  The response I've received from my Facebook updates and my "Suggest My Next Title" page has been great!  Also, I've met quite a lot of people I would never have without NaNoWriMo.  Some of them are local authors and some of them are online friends.  Each and every one of you has been very supportive.

However, I do see some downfalls to writing almost non-stop for a month.  Nothing else gets done!  My blog has suffered, my promoting has suffered (as well as my sales) and my household has suffered.  Okay... my household suffers on a daily basis anyway.  The house is never clean and the poor family have to live with ME.

As of the writing of this (Sunday November 14th) I have reached 32688 words and have 17312 left to make my 50,000 NaNoWriMo goal.  My story has come together very nicely - compared to my previous books with the exception of Color Me Grey.  This one has been a complete joy to write and I know it's because of the feedback I've been receiving.  There's nothing that compares to writing with an audience.

I am still asking for title suggestions.  Though I absolutely love every one I've received I have not yet gotten one that really sticks out at me.  However some of them come VERY close.

I may be in the market for beta readers sometime in the near future and if you'd like to be one of the first to read my book (if) when I complete it, let me know.

Here's some extra news I just found!  
I have a new review up on Amazon.  

Enjoyed the Series November 12, 2010
I'm not into long reviews, but I figure authors like to know if someone enjoyed their books - so here it is. I found this author through the Kindle facebook page, read the first book in the series, and immediately purchased the other two books.


Thanks for reading!

~JC~

3 comments:

  1. JC,

    Congrats on the review and for getting so many words written so far. I don't know how you do it with kids in the house.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. Well just let me say that the other day when I was writing, the two year old wrote all over the TV. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized earlier today that I got ANOTHER 4 Star review on Amazon from author Cliff Ball. Very pleased with that one as well!

    Here it is:

    Cool spy novel, November 15, 2010
    By Cliff Ball "Author of The Usurper"

    Color Me Grey is told from first person point of view, and I think it was done well, and usually the only time I read books like this is in college English lit. classes(the female character in 1st person point of view). Alexis Stanton becomes a secret agent of sorts, with the nickname of Ms. Grey. She tells how she gets recruited, which is mostly be accident, then she talks about her training, and then a crucial mission that she participates in that has a lot of personal meaning for her. I thought it was a very creative novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.