Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, Blog Feature and Black Friday

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 

Late in the day I realized Color Me Grey was featured on Her Bookself!  I didn't get much of a chance to tell anyone about it so I'm telling you now.

It is a very nice post by Lisa.  She is also a fellow NaNoWriMo'er who is soon to make her 50,000 word count.  You can see the post by clicking   HERE

Onto another subject.  I was just wondering if there were a lot of you go shopping on Black Friday (today).  I planned on doing it but the three kids and lack of money have stopped me once again this year.  I will admit, the lack of money is the biggest reason.  But, I did make an online purchase today. 

Someone once told me - Erica from Erica and Christy's blog, was that someone - Anyway, she said that if you put something into a parenthetical only those meant to see it will.  As per her example: (Shhh - Just a few minutes ago I bought a Kindle 3 for my ten-year-old daughter for Christmas.)  She's been asking for a Nintendo DS for about three or four years now but I'm not big on spending that much money on a "game" that she will use for a short time and then forget AND will distract her from other things, such as reading a good book.  I'd heard there were supposed to be some good Black Friday deals for Kindles but did not run across them on Amazon at all.  But $139 is a good price for what she'll be getting and it's CHEAPER than a Nintendo DS.  Score two for me!

If anyone is thinking about a good gift to give, the new Kindle is great, in my opinion.  It's not too expensive and now you can gift books as well.  I recently received a gifted book for my Kindle and it was SO cool to press that button in my email!  Die Already by Kipp Poe Speicher gave out ten e-books as gifts and is the next book on my TBR list now.

To make it easier for you I've included a link to the Kindle 3 below!  Go out and get someone you love and who loves books a Kindle - or get one for yourself!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.