Thursday, October 28, 2010

Recently Read

Reining In
by
Dawn Judd





Reining In by Dawn Judd was one of the first Indie titles I picked up after getting my Kindle.  I think I paid 99¢ but the current price is $2.99 and it's possible I paid $2.99.  Either way, the price is worth it.


I was immediately drawn into the world Dawn Judd has created for her 5000 year-old vampire, Khalida.  I would recommend this one for a quick and exciting read.  The book is meant to be the first in a series and I'm looking forward to reading the next installment - Phantom Rising.

Phantom Rising, the second book about Khalida and her network, is scheduled to be released by Halloween of this year.  I'm counting the days!

Reining In Description:
After witnessing the murder of one of her dearest friends, Khalida finds herself caught between doing what she knows is right and letting go of her past. With the help of the Network, an organization created to keep her secrets buried, Khalida will battle enemies as old as time. But will the secrets of her past destroy everything she knows and loves? Soon, another friend is facing his death, and she will have to save him. Others will follow, and she will have to make the hardest decision of her life. There is only one way to save her friends from this enemy. As she races against time, Khalida will learn that sometimes your past comes back to haunt you, even when you are a vampire.

 ***** COMING  SOON *****


 Phantom Rising
by 
Dawn Judd



As I said earlier, Phantom Rising is scheduled to release for the Kindle on Halloween.  Also, the paperback version is tentatively scheduled for the same release date.
I'm not sure what the prices will be for either version, but it is still on my To Buy List.

Phantom Rising Description:
With Jake gone, and a feeling of constant guilt over being forced to kill Vyktor, Khalida has spiraled into a deep depression. Everything she has worked so hard for is now gone. With only Mack and Darren at her side, Khalida must find a new reason for living. When she discovers a secret Vyktor was keeping from her, she begins to see a light at the end of the tunnel; a chance for redemption.

I apologize for not having links to Phantom Rising.  As soon as they become available I will post them to the side bar of my blog.
Click below to buy your copy of Reining In
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.