Friday, July 2, 2010

Reviews or Ratings?

I've been agonizing over this post ALL DAY! 

I know I said I want to start posting reviews of books on my site, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding how to go about this. 

I can easily tell you if I liked a book or not but to "review" is something entirely different.  I believe reviews should have some substance other than "I liked this book," or "I didn't care for it."  And, because I don't want to spend days agonizing over what to write about a book I will leave the reviews alone for a while.

I do, however, have a new review of Color Me Grey.  This is a true review.  I sent my book off to KindleObsessed some time ago and have been waiting somewhat impatiently for some time now.  KindleObsessed is worth checking into - even without the review of Color Me Grey.  http://www.kindleobsessed.com/

She is unabashedly honest for the reader and is a gifted writer as well.  You can witness this at her site.  She also states that paranormal, vampires, that kind of thing is what she prefers to read.  That being said, I was extremely worried that she would be less than thrilled with Color Me Grey so I haven't told many people about my wait. 

How wrong I was to worry.  She has (in my opinion) given my book a glowing review.  I'm so happy I could dance - if it weren't so hot in here.  I think it's still 100 degrees in my house!

I have linked to the review already in a previous post.  She has cleverly titled it Paging Mr. White!  However, I will link to it again here - just in case you missed it.
http://www.kindleobsessed.com/bs-books/paging-mr-white/


~JC~

4 comments:

  1. JC! You make me sound so much smarter than I actually am, but I'll take the compliments where I can get them so thank you. Again, it was a pleasure to read your novel. I'm in the middle of Shades of Grey right now and am so far equally as impressed.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty - I felt honored that you accepted the book for review in the first place. In the world of books it seems as if a year is no time at all but you got to my book right away. That was highly appreciated too.

    I just hope you enjoy Shades well enough to want to read Reflections!

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finished Shades... on Reflections now. I'll let you know if I think you should keep going.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty - You don't know how much it means to me to get some feedback and another READER of my books. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.